So you're creating your first live mission*? Great! Below you will find a helpful step-by-step guide to get started.
*A mission is a folder in which you can organize and index all of your rushes. It can include both folders and live streams.
- First things first, if you wish to create a classic mission, click here.
2) To create a live mission, navigate to the home page and click on the "Recording" button on the top left-hand side of your screen.
3) Next, click on the yellow + button at the bottom right-hand side of your screen to create your mission.
4) From here, a form titled "Create Mission" will appear, and you can fill out the required information (as seen below):
Example of Create Mission form:
- Title: Name your mission! Please note that this title is how you will find your media via the search bar.
- Type: Please note what you are uploading. Your options include: mission, photos, rush, live.
- Journalist: By default, the mission owner will be you. Please note that you have the ability to change the owner by clicking on this field and selecting existing users from a drop-down list.
- Start Time & End Time: This field is not mandatory, and only needs to be filled out according to your specific mission timeline needs. Simply click on both the start and end time fields to modify your mission dates using a pop-up calendar.
- Program: Please choose between the different programs that are available to you.
- Organizations: Define which pre-existing entities have the right to access this media. Simply click on the field and a pop-up list will appear in which you can select your desired organizations.
- Transcript From: Please select the original language of your media for transcription purposes and the speech-to-text functionality.
- Transcript from audio channel: Choose between three different possibilities for your audio mapping: the right channel, the left channel or both.
- Cognitives tasks: Define which cognitive feature you wish to activate for your media.
- Devices: Please select the bound device(s) that are being used for this upload. A pop-up list will appear with the available devices.
- Output: Please select the output destinations that will be used for this mission. A pop-up list will appear with the available outputs.
- Send mission via: Please select the channel through which you would like to send your mission. Your options include: Email, SMS and Slack.
5) Once you complete the form, click on the 'Create' button to save your mission.
6) Once your mission is successfully created, the following frame will appear in your Missions tab, for the chosen time period (Today, Tomorrow, Rest of Month) as well as the Recordings tab, on the timeline corresponding to your selected device, at the date and time that you have chosen.
7) Next, you have 2 different options moving forward:
- If you selected an on-rack device, your diffusion recording will start and stop at the specific times that you have chosen.
- As soon as a stream arrives from an on-site device, a mission is automatically created. It is also possible to create a mission in advance to receive this stream, according to the specified time slot.
8) From here, the platform will automatically analyze and index your content.
Still haven’t found the answer to your question?
Feel free to contact our support team via our in-app chatbot or email at: email@example.com